Our After School Program operates Monday through Friday, 3:30 – 6:00 p.m. on the same schedule as St. Louis Public Schools.
Who We Serve
56 under-resourced children who attend elementary and middle schools and reside in neighborhoods on the south side of St. Louis City (primarily in zip codes 63104, 63110, 63111, 63116 and 63118).
What We Do
- Provide an academically-focused environment conducive to homework help and supplemental educational curriculum and activities.
- Provide a safe and supervised environment for children to engage in constructive activities.
- Provide academic enrichment through a curriculum of best practices to prepare students to perform at grade level and above on state MAP tests.
- Provide a healthy dinner and activities to improve students’ health and promote their physical growth.
- Provide free transportation from school and to home if needed.
- Provide a variety of activities based on students’ interests and strengths to enrich and empower them. At least one field trip is taken per semester. Partnerships with the St. Louis Science Center, Freedom Arts & Education Center and Washington University Beat Therapy provide additional opportunities.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy to those assessed as in need.
- Provide one-on-one private tutoring through a partnership with the St. Louis Learning Disabilities Association to those assessed as in need.
- Provide professional development to staff to refine skill sets needed to implement curriculum, understand best practices and structure a learning environment.
For more information, please contact Misti Johnson, Coordinator of After School & Summer Camp Programs, at email@example.com or (314) 627-1241.
Our program is currently full for the 2018-2019 school year. Please download and complete the After School Enrollment Form to have your child put on the waiting list. English Enrollment Form. Spanish Enrollment Form.