Health & Wellness Program
The Kingdom House Health and Wellness Program offers fitness classes, nutrition and health education classes, one-on-one coaching sessions and a healthy meal feature. Participants receive the support and tools needed to achieve their health and wellness goals.
The 12 to 16-weeks (or more) program features:
- Fitness Classes, such as circuit training, Zumba, yoga and high impact aerobics
- Weekly sessions to learn how to prepare healthy meals and prevent disease
- Healthy meals are provided after each evening’s class to take home
- Individual coaching sessions to discuss health and wellness goals
- Free childcare while the participant is in class
- Fellowship in a welcoming environment
- Option to re-enroll
Classes are held Monday through Thursday year-round beginning at 5:30 p.m. and ending at 6:30 p.m. Nutrition and health education or wellness sessions begin at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays immediately following the fitness classes. Program participants are expected to complete 48 exercise sessions and to attend 12 or more nutrition and health education classes. Additionally, participants are responsible for at least 30 minutes of additional exercise of over the weekend. This follows the American Heart Association’s recommended physical activity guidelines of 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise or 75 minutes per week of vigorous exercise.
Note: This program may not be suitable if you have medical needs that are beyond the scope of programming or resources.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact Eileen Wolfington, Coordinator of Health & Wellness Program, at email@example.com or (314) 627-1238.