Health & Wellness Program
The Kingdom House Health and Wellness Program offers fitness classes, nutrition and cooking workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions and a healthy meal feature. Participants receive the support and tools needed to achieve their health and wellness goals.
The 12 to 16-week (three or four nights per week) program features:
- Fitness Classes, such as circuit training, Zumba, cardio, yoga and couch to 5K
- Weekly workshops to learn how to prepare healthier meals and prevent disease
- Healthy meals that are provided after each evening’s class to take home to feed the family
- Classes to learn about how the food we eat affects mental, emotional and physical health
- Individual therapy (as requested when related to meeting health and wellness goals)
Classes are held Monday through Thursday for twelve consecutive weeks beginning at 5:30 p.m. and ending at 6:30 p.m. Nutrition and wellness workshops are held on Tuesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. immediately following the fitness classes.
Free childcare provided.
Program participants are expected to attend three to four fitness classes per week and a minimum of twelve nutrition classes. Additionally, participants are responsible for at least 30 minutes of additional exercise over the weekend. This follows the American Heart Association’s recommended physical activity guidelines of 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise or 75 minutes per week of vigorous exercise.
Note: This program may not be suitable if you have medical needs that are beyond the scope of programming or resources.
For more information, please contact Eileen Wolfington, Coordinator of Health & Wellness Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 627-1238.