After School Van Driver
Kingdom Academy supports students as they work towards high school graduation and post-secondary success through academic, social, and emotional services. Students attend Academy programming Monday-Thursday afternoon/evenings, after which, they are eligible to receive a van ride home. The Driver is responsible for providing these van rides for all students who require them each night.
This position will be scheduled approximately 8 hours per week during after school and evening hours through out each academic semester (Spring ’19). Occasional Fridays and Saturdays may be requested. There are two shifts available, but the same person could do both. One shift is from 3-4 pm M-F, the other shift is from 7-9 pm M-Th.
• Safely drive students to their designated home addresses while adhering to all federal and state driving laws
• Pick up and return van to the Kingdom House parking lot each night, following the appropriate check in-check out procedures
• Create and maintain a safe and positive student environment on the van (accomplished in conjunction with designated “Co-Pilot”)
• Missouri Class E Driver’s License (12-15 passenger van)
• Minimum one year experience driving a 12-15 passenger vans or an equivalent
• Ability to quickly learn students’ home routes while safely navigating them
• Must enjoy working with high school age youth
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please write “KINGDOM ACADEMY VAN DRIVER.”
CDF Freedom School Site Coordinator
The CDF Freedom Schools® program is an educational and cultural enrichment program. Our program provides summer options for children where there are none and strengthens parent and community involvement in the year round achievement of children. We serve children ages 5 to 18 for six weeks and integrate reading, conflict resolution, and social action in an activity-based curriculum to promote social, cultural, and historical awareness.
The Site Coordinator should be experienced in working with large groups of children and in partnerships with young adults. He or she must be responsible, energetic, able to think on his or her feet, well-organized, and a strong role model. He or she may have worked in the past as a CDF Freedom Schools Servant Leader Intern or in a similar position. The Site Coordinator should have strong leadership skills with empathy for children and their parents. He or she should be familiar with the culture and dynamics of the community, committed to the goals of the CDF Freedom Schools program, and able to work collaboratively with all program constituents.
• Work in conjunction with Project Director to recruit children for the program.
• Maintain regular communication with Project Director.
• Work in conjunction with Project Director to recruit, hire, train and manage staff.
• Maintain the safety of all staff and students at their site.
• Ensure proper implementation of the CDF Freedom Schools program model by managing daily site activities.
• Serve in a supervisory capacity and the primary contact for the Servant Leader Interns during the June Ella Baker Child Policy Training Institute.
• Ensure Servant leader Interns have the necessary books, materials and supplies for daily activities.
• Conduct daily debrief sessions in an effort to maintain team spirit, as well as provide technical support and feedback for Servant Leader Interns.
• Observe Servant Leader Interns facilitating Integrated Reading Curriculum lessons and provide constructive feedback frequently.
• Input child, parent and staff enrollment data in CDF’s reporting system.
• Model positive behaviors and coping skills for youth using a strength based approach in all interactions.
• Attend the June National Training from May 30 – June 8, 2019.
This position is scheduled Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm. Must be available to start work on May . Must also be available for travel to Knoxville, Tn from May 30 – June 9, 2019.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have completed at least one year of college
• Experience managing large groups of children, college-age young people, and parents
• Solid commitment to children’s advocacy and enthusiasm for the CDF Freedom Schools program
• Ability to motivate others and work as part of an intergenerational team
• Strong appreciation and understanding of individual cultural history and the willingness to be open and respectful of all cultures
• Willingness to strive for excellence in all areas and ability to think critically and analytically
• Exhibit positive behavior and attitude; model a mature and professional demeanor; possess excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the ethics of good character, humility, and servant leadership
• Authorization for background check for criminal and child protective findings
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In subject line please write “Site Coordinator.”
CDF Freedom School Servant Leader Intern
The CDF Freedom Schools® program is an educational and cultural enrichment program. Our program provides summer options for children where there are none and strengthens parent and community involvement in the year round achievement of children. We serve children ages 6 to 14 for six weeks and integrate reading, conflict resolution, and social action in an activity-based curriculum to promote social, cultural, and historical awareness.
Kingdom House is searching for Servant Leader Interns who will deliver a summer reading enrichment program for children from kindergarten through eighth grade. Servant Leader Interns are responsible for facilitating an integrated reading curriculum to a classroom of approximately ten students for six weeks during the summer months.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver the Integrated Reading Curriculum to a class of no more than ten students for 6 weeks during the summer months, according to the standards developed by the Children’s Defense Fund and Kingdom House.
• Set up and break down his/her classroom space, including securing and organizing the appropriate materials.
• Collaborate with staff to establish and maintain a supportive and structured environment for the children entrusted to their care.
• Serve as a Harambee! leader each day of program operation.
• Serve as a leader of afternoon activities and other special events; chaperone field trips.
• Attend three weeks of staff training and participate fully in the June National Training from June 1 – June 8, 2019.
This position is scheduled Monday through Friday 7:30am -4:00pm. Must be available to start work on May 28. Must also be available for travel to Knoxville, TN from June 1-8.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
• Must be a sophomore or above enrolled in a College or University with a GPA of 2.5 or greater
• Ability to create lesson plans
• Be creative, energetic, innovative and resourceful
• Ability to assume responsibility
• Ability to motivate students
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good verbal and written skills
• The willingness to be respectful of all types of diversity
• Interest in and ability to work as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line please write “Servant Leader Intern.”