Kingdom House offers many fun and impactful ways in which groups can volunteer. Whether your group is part of a mission trip, a corporate team, a philanthropic organization, a youth group or a social club, we have projects that will fit your members’ abilities and make a difference in our community.
Examples of Group Volunteer Opportunities:
- Schedule a one-time service project at Kingdom House on a week day or Saturday morning. We will tailor a project to suit your group’s interests and skills. We have projects that are suitable for all ages and abilities. Service project examples include: gardening, sorting and organizing donations, working with children, beautifying grounds, painting, light cleaning and performing handyman projects.
- Host an event and get to know the families we serve. We love bringing people together at Kingdom House! Volunteer groups can host Family Game Days, Senior Bingo Brunches, After School Fun Fridays, Summer Camp Carnivals, Holiday Parties and more!
- Looking for a project that can be done at your location, at your convenience? We have many Service-to-Go projects available, including: assembling clothing kits, assembling laundry kits, making thank-you gifts and more!
- Plan a donation drive or fundraiser to benefit Kingdom House. Examples include: canned food drives, clothing drives, school supply drives, baby supply drives, etc.
- Volunteer on a weekly or monthly basis to build a deeper relationship with Kingdom House and the people we serve. We have many opportunities for groups looking for committed service. Examples include: working with children in our After School Program and Family Center, adopting a space to keep clean and welcoming, helping maintain our garden…the possibilities are endless!
- Commit to reading our faith-based guide on hunger, “Outside In: Feeding the Hunger.” Your group will meet for five weeks, incorporating daily devotionals and a group service project.
- Participate in our Urban Forum program — an immersion experience designed to provide professional guidance in social justice education. Groups of youth and/or adults commit to a multi-day experience, made up of service work and curriculum designed to help participants gain a better understanding of issues, such as poverty, urban hunger and food access, racism, immigration and advocacy. For more information, click here.
Ready to Volunteer?
To schedule a group project, please contact Volunteer Engagement Associate, Maureen Hoeft, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-627-9826.
Please note: We reserve dates for episodic groups on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are looking to schedule your group to volunteer at Kingdom House on a specific date, we recommend providing us with at least one month’s notice (or more, depending on the time of year or day of the week — summer, holidays and Saturdays tend to be very popular for group projects) in order to help ensure that your desired date is still available.